Ad Operations Manager
About this role
If you’re a self-starter with lots of enthusiasm for devising innovative and integrated media solutions, you get energized by the notion of critical thinking, conceptualizing, and brainstorming with others, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to be a part of an agency start-up that is experiencing accelerated growth … then you’ve come to the right place.
Our Ad Operations Manager are highly-capable media professionals, with a few well-crafted skills looking to expand their capabilities. Being in platform, and managing the technical aspects of day-to-day campaign management, excites them. They’re logistically savvy as they guide tag management and other media operation workflows, to ensure campaigns are setup for success, prior to launch.
In addition, they work well with other parts of the media equation and are interested in providing strategic insight to help assist our Media Managers in the development of media plans that they’ll be in-turn, helping to execute.
- Gather data from relevant data sources (both first party and third) to craft audience insights and consumer trends reports that can be used for media planning.
- Consolidating a variety of different media data sources for holistic reporting on campaign performance, analyzing the data to provide insights to the broader team and crafting media optimization recommendations for implementation.
- Manage the implementation, execution and optimization of digital advertising campaigns across multiple platforms including but not limited to DV360, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, LinkedIn and other media platform providers.
Collaborate with agency and client teams to formulate and create strategic proposals that meet identified objectives.
- Establish campaign management processes and methods that can scale across multiple clients to drive efficiencies based on a predetermined set of KPIs.
- Collaborate with agency and client teams to formulate and create strategic proposals that meet identified objectives.
- Traffic Management: Manage the execution and technical deployment of both direct (creative assets and tags) and programmatic video and display campaigns: Ad-serving, trafficking, optimization troubleshooting, etc.
- Cross device implementation (desktop, mobile, IPTV, etc.)
- Analytics & Operations Strategy: Provide high-end monitoring and reporting of media activity.
- Monitor KPIs (VTR, CTR, etc.) on a daily basis. Work on standard and executive level reporting and activity summaries.
- Sales Activity Support: Interact on a day-to-day basis with the agency’s Media Operations team to ensure campaign optimization and success.
- Support agency teams during operational and business reviews and acting as a critical team member for operational and technical discussions.
- Campaign Monitoring: Identifying and escalating potential technical issues, identifying and building specifications on potential market needs requiring technical developments.
- 1-3 years of working experience in digital ad operations or technical account manager role within the digital advertising field
- Strong knowledge of technical market standards (VAST, VPAID, ad-serving, SSP, DSP, etc.).
- Good understanding of web standards a plus (HTML, JS/JSON, Flash, etc.).
- Previous experience and knowledge within the programmatic ecosystem (DSP/SSP’s, CDP, DMP, ad-networks, etc.)
- Outstanding analytical and project management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to handle several projects concurrently under deadline pressure is essential.
- Ability to work effectively with internal team members and external clients and other agency partners.
- Ability to create accurate impression projections based on data analysis
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
- Proactive initiative — A team player who is accountable for delivering accurate, timely and insightful report, recommendations and POVs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, statistics, computer science or related discipline. Master’s degree a plus.