Director of Media
About this role
Our Director(s) of Media are the primary account interface with clients. They interact with both the day-to-day client partners as well as their leadership team. We’re looking for someone with the confidence to help build rapport and long-term relationships, anticipate client needs, demonstrate and reinforce ongoing Arm Candy value and bring critical thinking/problem solving skills to the table.
As Director of Media, you will lead efforts to collaborate with clients to identify and define goals, strategies and target audiences. You’ll work with our skilled 3rd party (vendor) partners and our tech stack to develop and deliver media plans that ladder up to these criteria by tapping into appropriate traditional and digital channels. You’ll laisse with other client contacts (their internal creative or other and strategy teams) to collaborate and provide recommendations for optimal content/messaging based on approved media channels. Internally you’ll manage Media Manager(s) and Media Associate(s) to ensure media plan alignment, effective and accurate execution, and reporting and analytics that identify actionable insights, as well as their growth and development. And you’ll also have a seat at the table to help evolve and grow Arm Candy for scalable success.
If you’re known for being a media extraordinaire, we’ll put you to the test. We craft and execute the top of the line strategies for our clients, based on data and business principles, that go beyond just media practicality. We combine our intellectual IP and understanding of the media landscape, with our client’s business model(s), leading to media executions that drive (and record) tangible results the client is stoked to see.
- Work side-by-side with clients to identify communication goals and objectives (Not just “do what they ask for”. We want someone to be confident enough to push back when appropriate, and escalate as needed.)
- Direct strategic and tactical media planning and execution
- Have a business mindset and can learn how the end client’s business works, so we can strategically align our media plans to solve their challenges
- Oversee personnel to ensure all aspects of a campaign are executed at the highest level, from trafficking and tag management to daily optimizations being implemented
- Direct ‘Best-In-Class’ reporting and provide client and industry analysis and recommendations
- Lead and mentor both internal team members and client teams.
- Develop relationships to expand upon the services we provide
- Establish Arm Candy credibility and value contribution
- Communicate highly strategic thought leadership in media and other business related conversations.
- 7-10+ years of media experience for large and small clients (Vendor, Client and Agency side all accepted)
- Previous experience and knowledge within the programmatic ecosystem (DSP/SSP’s, CDP, DMP, ad-networks, etc.)
- Understanding of technical market standards (VAST, VPAID, ad-serving, SSP, DSP, etc.).
- Strong client-facing skills and experience (problem solving, cultivating rapport, etc.)
- Ability to speak intelligently across multiple industries and types of businesses.
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Experience managing a P&L
- An expert in one of the following fields: Media Planning, Media Buying or Ad Operations.
- Proficient in Excel, DCM, Facebook Business Manager, Google Marketing Products, etc. and related platforms.
- 5+ years of management experience